- Laboratory use
- Laboratory use
Frequency Dependence of Dielectric Constant
- Capacitance measurement from 1-50kHz
- Dedicated Schering Bridge with built-in oscillator
- Computation of dielectric constant and loss factor
- Samples of Barium Titanate, MLCC and conventional capacitor
- Temperature variation studies with additional equipment oven and controller (optional)
Barium Titanate, BaTiO , is a well known and widely investigated dielectric material. It is mainly used in capacitors due to its high dielectric constant. The dielectric properties ofBaTiO are controlled by purity and microstructure which are dependent on the methods of preparation. The ability of the dielectric material to store energy is attributed to thepolarization which can result in an increase in capacitance. It is well known that dielectric properties of every solid are very sensitive to the local electric field distribution in thesample. The temperature and frequency dependence of dielectric constant and loss can therefore give useful information about structure changes, transport mechanism anddefect behaviour of a solid.
The present experiment is designed to study the variation of capacitance and dielectric losses as a function of frequency and hence compute the change in dielectric constant, and loss factor, tan with frequency. While the behaviour of Barium Titanate is distinctly frequency dependent, the performance of a standard multi layer ceramic capacitor (MLCC) and conventional ceramic capacitors are not as prominent. A comparison of these three therefore is an interesting part of the study.
In addition, an optional experiment to study the variation of dielectric constant with temperature at different frequencies is also possible with the help of our PID controlled oven, PID-TZ
- Study of dielectric constant variation with frequency of a Barium Titanate sample
- Study of loss factor with frequency of a Barium Titanate sample
- Study of capacitance variation with frequency of an MLCC capacitor
- Study of capacitance variation with frequency of a conventional ceramic cap.
- Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), Delivery Point (DP), Cheque, Cash in Advance (CID), Cash Advance (CA), Cash on Delivery (COD), Cash Against Delivery (CAD)
- 100 Per Month
- 1 Week
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
- ISO 9001: 2015 CE
Building 452, Adarsh Nagar, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, 247667, India